Michele Merrell is a senior level technology and telecommunications executive with 30 years experience in corporations ranging from start-up to mature, private, public and pre-IPO. She is currently the President of Merrell Consulting Group, a global marketing consulting consortium. She is an experienced practitioner in marketing, digital marketing, branding, advertising, social media, internet development, product marketing, public relations, crisis communications, public affairs, corporate communications, investor relations, and corporate social responsibility. She has worked on numerous mergers, acquisitions and joint venture agreements, as well as IPOs during her tenure. Her experience includes companies such as Tyco International, Brightstar, CSPI Technology Solutions, Thales eSecurity, Bellsouth, U.S. Cellular and others. She has held broad global responsibility across APAC, EMEA, LATAM and North America.
Since 2014, Michele has served on the Board of Directors for three international corporations. She is a National Association of Corporate Directors accredited Board Leadership Fellow.
Michele is on the international Board of Directors for the Global Telecom Women’s Network (GTWN), and is the North America President for GTWN, an organization that actively promotes and mentors women in the global telecommunications and technology industries.
She speaks regularly both internationally and domestically on topics ranging from technology, entrepreneurship, marketing, business leadership, politics and women’s issues.
Michele’s achievements have earned her dozens of awards and recognition over her career for her business and leadership acumen.
- “Women of Distinction Lifetime Achievement Award” from Celebrating Women International.
- “Women of Distinction” Honoree, South Florida March of Dimes.
- Florida Statesman Award for South Florida.
- Florida Achievement Award from the Florida Commission on the Status of Women, part of the Office of the Attorney General, State of Florida.
- The South Florida Business Journal’s “Business Woman of Influence” award recipient.
- The Diversity Journal “Woman Worth Watching” award.
- Women of the Channel Power 100 Award and the Power 50 Women Solutions Providers by CRN Magazine.
- A featured business executive in March Magazine, a women’s executive magazine.