SoldierStrong’ SoldierScholarship program represents our commitment to provide support for our United States Armed Forces heroes that evolves along with their needs. As soldiers return from service abroad, education offers some of the best opportunities for them to provide for themselves and their families, and thrive in civilian life.
The SoldierScholarship program is open to all veterans who defended our nation’s freedom and fought in the recent War on Terror (Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation New Dawn). Our mission is helping soldiers take their next steps forward in their academic and professional careers and to fill any tuition gaps the Post-9/11 GI Bill may leave.
Current Education Opportunities
We currently offer the following three programs to which a veteran may apply. Our program selection is based on a school’s ability to meet the specific needs of veterans and their overwhelming support for student veterans and military spouses. Please check back, because in the coming months we are working hard to add more and more university partners
Meet Our SoldierScholars
Andraus L. Williams
MSG Edrena Roberts
Bonnie Lee Miley
Captain Samuel L. Orlan, US Army, Ret.
Staff Sgt. Antonieta Rico, U.S. Army
United States Armed Forces Veterans applying for SoldierStrong scholarship programs embody the strength of character and moral integrity cultivated during their time in our armed services. These scholars represent our future leaders, entrepreneurs and job creators.
The mark they’ll one day leave on their communities and our society will be as great and indelible as the one felt throughout their service to our country. Along with your role as an ambassador to the SoldierStrong Foundation, as a SoldierStrongScholar, you must meet the following requirements:
We currently offer the following three programs to which a veteran may apply. Our program selection is based on a school’s ability to meet the specific needs of veterans and their overwhelming support for student veterans and military spouses. Please check back, because in the coming months we are working hard to add more and more university partners.
Annual funding renewability will be considered for most scholars based on:
– All criteria must be met in order to be renewed. Review of renewal status is conducted each June by the Foundation.
– Students who have to extend their expected graduation date must provide proof of extenuating circumstances.
– SoldierScholars are expected to maintain full-time enrollment in a U.S. accredited institution unless they are assuming part-time status during the semester they will graduate.
– Scholarship funding can only be used toward a single post-secondary degree.
Who can apply to become a SoldierScholarship?
Applying to the Program
In order to best prepare for completing the application form, please have the following information available during the process: military service history, educational history, enrollment plans, and expected academic/living expenses and income for the upcoming academic year.
The following documents will need to be attached or included along with your completed application form:
- Documentation of military service and/or community impact as a military spouse. All discharged service members must provide their most recent DD-214. Active Reservist or National Guard applicants may provide alternate military service verification forms. Note: all submitted military service verification forms will undergo validation.
- A copy of your most recent school transcript (either high school, if no prior college experience, or college, if you have been enrolled in a college or university before)
- Résumé including education, work, public service history, recognitions and awards earned.
- All SoldierScholars applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to be considered for funding.
SoldierStrong Technology Scholars Program Powered by Warrior T3
Warrior Transition Technology Training (WT3) is dedicated to the cause of providing our returning United States Armed Forces members with a guided path to Information Technology education, professional certification, and job placement.
WT3 will guide the returning Service Member to the right technology education and/or technology certification program based on our evaluation of their individual cases.
WT3 provides the guidance and mentor-ship to meaningful careers in information technology with industry-leading companies.
Our corporate partners are committed to hiring SoldierStrong/WT3 Service Member candidates.
Our focus areas for technology training and careers include:
- Data Management
- Cyber Security
- Cloud Technologies