SoldierStrong Golf Outing is SOLD OUT
August 3, 2020
The Union League Golf Club at Torresdale
3801 Grant Ave
Philadelphia , PA 19114
GOLF OUTING COVID19 REGULATIONS
- Tee Times are currently spread to 10-minute intervals beginning at 8:00am
- Everyone entering Torresdale is required to have a face covering and will be screened at the gate house.
- A list of all players and volunteers will be required prior to event.
- Golfers may arrive at Torresdale no more than 45 minutes prior to their starting time. The Practice Range and Practice Putting Green are open for those who would like to warm up prior to their round. We ask that golfers do not show up earlier than 45 minutes prior to your tee time as you will NOT be granted access to the facility.
- The golf staff will safely arrange golf carts in a detailed staging area with each participants’ name on the golf cart. Participants will be required to place their own bag on the golf cart prior to teeing off.
- The Clubhouse, including the Locker Room will be closed. Players may change their shoes in the parking lot.
- The Golf Shop is OPEN. A maximum of 5 people will be allowed in the Golf Shop at any time. A face covering is required when entering the Golf Shop.
- At this time, golf carts may be shared by any two golfers. All golf carts will be sanitized between use with industrial strength sanitizers. Golfers may choose to ride by themselves if they prefer. Players may also walk and carry their own bag or utilize one of the clubs’ pull carts.
- Custom cups have been installed to ensure players do not reach in to grab their golf ball and flagsticks must remain in at all times.
- Benches, ball washers, divot containers and fixtures have been removed from the course.
- In the event of a lightning alarm, all players must go directly to their vehicles until the all clear sounds.
- Restrooms in the Sawyer House and Clubhouse will be available for golfers.
- Upon completing the 18th hole, golfers may drive their cart to the parking lot to put their clubs in their vehicle. Please return carts back to 1st tee staging area. Players are welcomed to shop in the Golf Shop.
- Players may not congregate in or around the clubhouse at the end of their round.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- A boxed breakfast or lunch will be provided to each golfer at the Registration Table near 1st Tee.
- Players may take their food items with them on the golf carts.
- The Sawyer House will be open for snacks and drinks. In addition, on-course food and beverage stations will be available.
- Players may NOT bring their own alcoholic beverages on property.
- We ask everyone maintain a distance of 6 feet from each other at all times on and off of the golf course.
- Staff have been directed to NOT come within 6 feet of any guest or guests’ possessions.
- All staff members will wear PPE and have been instructed to sanitize all commonly touched surfaces.
DISCLAIMER AND WAIVER: PLEASE READ BEFORE USING THIS FACILITY
As is the case with any public or other facility outside of the home, use of the golf courses and limited facilities at Torresdale may expose you to the COVID-19 Virus. Your decision to use golf carts and access the facilities is made knowingly and voluntarily by you with full knowledge of this risk. If you disagree, do not come to Torresdale. Otherwise, your play on the courses, use of golf carts and access to the limited facilities shall constitute a waiver, and will release The Union League from any and all liability with respect to exposure to the COVID-19 virus, both as to you and to any of your minor children who accompany you.
Sponsorships Are SOLD OUT
- Includes four golf foursomes, sponsorship signage on course tent, logo or name on all carts. Food and beverages are included.
- Includes three golf foursomes, sponsorship signage on course tent, logo or name on 2 holes. Food and beverages are included.
- Includes two golf foursomes, sponsorship signage on course tent, logo or name on 1 hole. Food and beverages are included.
- Includes one golf foursome, sponsorship signage on course tent, logo or name on printed materials. Food and beverages are included.
- Includes one golf foursome, logo or name on printed materials. Food and beverages are included.
Practice Range Sponsorship
- Recognition as Bag Sponsor, logo or name on printed materials; logo or name on players bags
Golf Cart Sponsor
- Recognition as Golf Cart Sponsor, logo or name on all carts, and on printed materials
- Logo or name on printed sign at sponsored hole site.
Longest Drive Sponsorship
- Recognition as Practice Range Sponsor; Logo or name on printed materials/sign at sponsored site
- Logo or name on printed sign at sponsored hole site.
SoldierStrong, which is a 501(c) (3) tax exempt Not for Profit organization. This organization mission is to improve the lives of the men and women of the United States Armed Forces. They do this in 4 ways:
The StrongMind. A revolutionary virtual reality therapy program that leverages cutting-edge technology to make therapy not only as effective as possible but also more appealing to younger generations.
The SoldierSuit. State-of-the-art rehabilitation and powered prosthetic technologies that address a variety of combat and non-combat related disabilities. It is called the Exoskeleton and costs $150,000. SoliderStrong donates a device to the Spinal Cord Injury unit within various VA Medical Centers.
The SoldierRecovery. The organization has partnered with independent physical rehab facilities specializing in spinal care to support those veterans that have fallen through financial coverage gaps. Service members with a spinal injury can now rest assured they have the backing to support their road to a better quality of life. This can include transportation to and from the rehab facility.
The SoldierScholar. Helps soldiers take their next steps forward in their academic and professional careers and to fill any tuition gaps the Post-9/11 GI Bill may leave.